Step 1: Introduction and Audit
During this phase, I will quickly deep-dive into understanding what can be easily improved and I will gain a strong understanding of what prevents you from growing at the speed you want. Your past performance and ,perhaps, mistakes are the strongest learnings. Here is what this phase includes:
- 60-minute introductory call where we will discuss about your perceived challenges, what you have done so far, what worked and what didn’t work.
Detailed audit of your product and marketing efforts. During the audit, I will need access to the following:
- Access to the product
- Marketing Analytics
- Product and subscription Analytics
- Any feedback data you are collecting
- Access to user recordings
- Access to your internal reporting processes and OKRs
- Access to campaign data
- Access to any marketing material available
- I will also interview any key internal employees such as your Marketer, your Head of product and your customer success. During these calls, I will try to understand their perspective on the challenge and what’s causing it.
Step 2: Gameplan
As soon as the Audit is finished, I will quickly start preparing the project details. Both sides need to be on the same page and expectations need to be well-defined and clear. This is a critical phase and neither of us wants to rush it as it will determine what you expect from our cooperation.
Deliverable: A detailed proposal for us to discuss before our engagement starts.
Hiring Growth Sandwich and Aggelos was the best thing we ‘ve done for our business. He delivered an out-of-the-box strategy and we worked together on implementing it. Before our cooperation with Aggelos, we used to believe we needed to develop the x or the y channel, just because others were doing so. But Aggelos helped us truly understand which are the channels we need to go for in a 100% data-driven manner which gave us clarity, confidence and saved a ton of money.
Aggelos does not hesitate to question the ways things are done and will challenge every single assumption that Founders have about their own business. He has one of the most constructive approaches you can have as you (re)build together how your startup should be positioned in the market.
Step 3: Strategy
Assuming the Audit and the Gameplan are finished, I will instantly start working on your Growth Strategy. I will collect all necessary data and run qualitative research to make sure decisions are not taken without evidence. Here is what this phase includes:
- I will audit your marketing and product top-to-bottom.
- I will find opportunities and quick fixes that you can do before engaging into a lengthy engagement with me or anyone.
- I will perform the most mind-blowing customer research and I will use your customers’ words to effectively describe your value proposition.
- I will research your competition and figure out which are their strengths and weaknesses or vulnerabilities.
- I will design a marketing mix using only the channels that make sense for you. No more “why not do a bit of that or this”. Developing a channel costs time and money and you need both.
- I will set up processes for us to create quick feedback loops that will help everybody optimise their efforts on autopilot.
- I will introduce you to processes and tools that will help you 5x your efficiency (which of course, you can keep using)
Step 4: Execution
That’s the most exciting part. We are now ready to start executing your strategy and making it real. You can now relax and focus on managing your business having the security that for the next few months, your Go-to-Market is in good hands. In more detail, during this phase, together we will:
- Run your content marketing
- Set up, run and optimise your performance campaigns
- Optimise your positioning and copies
- Set up, run and optimise your cold email campaigns
- Set up or optimise your user onboarding
- Report back to you on a weekly basis on what was done and what will be done next week
- Set up and monitor the metrics that matter for you in the AARRR funnel